Tintswalo Safari suites and lodge are all situated along a seasonal river bed among an ancient sycamore tree grove.
The exquisitely appointed main lodge overlooks a waterhole frequented by a large herd of elephant and other big game. The Explorer suites and Presidential are all linked to the main lodge by raised wooden walkways.
The Tintswalo suites are authentically decorated to reflect the pioneering times of the nineteenth century African explorers. The air-conditioned suites are situated along the banks of the seasonal Nwaswitsontso River. Providing supreme comfort, privacy and an opportunity for effortless birding, as well as the chance to view a large variety of big game from the privacy of each unit. The indoor/outdoor shower leads off from the spacious bathroom which opens out onto the deck. Luxuriate in a private plunge pool or just relax on a lounger under the African Sun.
- Baker Suite - Samuel and Florence Baker romantically travelled together through the African Wilds, an unusual occurence for their era. This suite has a romantic feel with a beautifully hand carved four-poster bed.
- Kingsley Suite – Mary Kingsley, a nineteenth century spinster, explored with humble resource collecting fish and insects samples for the Royal Geographic Society. An understated twin or double suite.
- Livingstone Suite – The most widely known explorer of Africa’s colonial history. A twin or double luxury traveller suite.
- Burton Suite – Richard Burton, a controversial character donning a turban, historically he translated the Arabian Nights into English. A richly decorated twin or double suite.
- Speke Suite – John Hanning Speke, a true gentleman, also in search of the illusive source of the Nile. A spacious luxury suite with large four-poster.
- Stanley Suite – Originally a Welshman, Henry Morton Stanley was the man who found Livingstone. A beautifully appointed double suite with a large sleigh bed.
- Baines Presidential Suite – Thomas Baines, an engineer and artist. This suite is part of thePresidential Suite and accommodates four guests, either as part of the main lodge or privately.
Every suite has an extra length double or twin bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioners, overhead fans mosquito nets, private deck with an intimate plunge pool overlooking a game-friendly river bed and
magnificent Sycamore groves.